This fall, Amplifier and The Getty are partnering to launch an open call for art for students ages 13-19 around the theme of “In Pursuit of”, leading up to the 2020 elections. Our lesson teaches you how to make visual artworks documenting what YOU are in pursuit of in your life, right now. You’ll learn how to combine images and text to convey a message, ask a question, or demand a change. All you need is your cell phone camera and something to write with. Tell us, are you in pursuit of justice? Are you in pursuit of equal rights, or equal pay? Are you in pursuit of immigration reform? Are you in pursuit of peace, or maybe just peace of mind? Are you in pursuit of love? Are you in pursuit of joy? The world is full of stories. What is yours? Submit your artwork to win a chance to have it included in a public projection series in November!
Not an artist? Make your voice heard! Sign up and cast your vote for your favorite artwork below and help us to select this open call’s winners!
You must be registered.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to our open call for art! Please make sure to read through the following requirements thoroughly before submitting. Artwork that is not related to the themes or does not meet the requirements is subject to be deleted at Amplifier’s discretion.
We are seeking mixed media artworks using photograph and text around the theme of “In Pursuit of”
– Submitted artwork must include a statement about the artwork that is 100 words or less
– 30 final chosen artworks will also be part of a national projection campaign in November of 2020
– Final artworks could potentially be included as part of an exhibition at The J. Paul Getty Museum at a future date
– Selected artworks will receive a $100 gift card to Amplifier’s online merchandise store!
– All artwork should be created as at high resolution 18 x 24in images at 300dpi, preferably TIFF or PDF
– Submitted artwork should be low resolution jpegs or png, 150dpi and no more than 2mb